Monday, November 23, 2009

A Visit Home.

I have just returned from a trip home to England. A trip to England means catching up with all of my friends and family. Above is a photograph of my mother and my dear Aunt (left) who died unexpectedly at the tender age of 49. Had she still been alive it would have been her 60th Birthday during my trip, it meant that Sam and I were able spend the day together and do the things my Aunt so loved. I miss her.

I surprised my mum. I arrived on her doorstep with a bunch of flowers and a big smile. I think it took her a good thirty seconds to realise that it was indeed me. It had been almost a year since I had last seen her. Above is a photograph of us together during a family holiday to Sardinia.

Sam and I went to visit our Auntie Ann. It was wonderful to see her. Here she is with our Grandfather (left), cutting the cake on her twenty first Birthday ..... both looking very bonnie!


I spent lots of time with Sam and her family, it was the best time. Here we are on my 8th Birthday, Sam looking glorious and happy in the red, and me looking grumpy in the pink. I do believe the magician had just asked me to part with my watch for one of his tricks!

10 comments:

  1. Great pictures... Wish I still had that red dress, it's fab!

    Only a shame your stay went soooo quickly & you were soooo busy, but we had fun!
    Wonder if wagamamas will ever open a branch in Latvia?!?!!! ;-)
    Xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for you! I hope you get to visit more often in the future. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful surprise for your Mother! It must have been so nice to be back with family, if only for a short time.

    Those photos are fantastic!

    Glad to see you back on Etsy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. But did you buy any Emma Bridgewater is what I would like to know? sounds like you had lots of fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had fun, Kim! Thank you so much for taking us along on your fabulous journey home to England -- and back in time too!
    xoxoxo Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  6. kim...there's no place like home! love the photos - they look so much like my own childhood (but not in Sardinia!) thanks for sharing!
    karon xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Kim to see the photos and to know you and Sam had such a good visit! What a wonderful surprise for your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME PICS! I'm so glad you didn't get swine flu! :D
    Hey, you need to post some current pics from your trip as well.... ok????? laura XXXXOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a wonderful trip. love the photos!

    ReplyDelete